Definition of Cookies
Moreover, the Website shall be able to know the services requested by the user, in aims to provide or offer the adequate information in line with the user’s likings or preferences.
Types of Cookies
Cookies can be divided, according to their Permanence, as follows:
- “Session Cookies”: These expire as soon as the user closes the browser.
- “Persistent Cookies”: These expire according the achieved purpose (for example, to keep the user identified while using Services) or when they are manually eliminated.
Additionally, Cookies can be classified, according to their Objective, as follows:
- Performance Cookies: These cookies remember preferences for the tools available in the services, thus not having to re-set the services the user accesses. This includes, for example:
- Volume adjustments in video or audio players.
- Video transmission speeds compatible with the browser.
- Geolocation Cookies: These cookies are used to identify the country the user is in when requesting a service. Such Cookies are completely anonymous and are only used as a guide the location of content.
- Registration Cookies: These cookies are created after the user has registered or subsequently opened a session, and are used to identify the user in the services, in aims to:
- Keep the user identified, as to, when the service is closed, the browser or computer may maintain their identity if they wish to Access the service at another time or day, avoiding having to provide identification again. This feature can be eliminated by clicking on “end session”, therefore eliminating the cookies, making the user have to identify themselves to access the same service.
- Verify if the user is authorized to access certain services, such as participation in a contest.
- Analysis Cookies: When a user visits a service, a tool provided by an external supplier creates an analysis cookie in the user’s computer. This cookie is only created in the user’s visit and shall be applied in following visits to the Website’s services to anonymously identify the visiting user. The main objectives are as follows:
- Allow anonymous identification of visiting users by means of the Cookie (identifies browsers and devices, not individuals), thus providing an approximate number of visits and their average trends of duration.
- Identify, anonymously, the most visited content and, thus, more attractive to users.
- Learn if the accessing user is visiting for the first time or has visited before.
- Note: unless the user registers for a website service, a Cookie is never linked to identifying personal data. these Cookies are solely used for statistical purposes to be of assistance in the enhancement of the user’s experience on the site.
- Behavioral Advertising Cookies: These types of cookies allow extended information of the advertisements shown to each anonymous user in the Website’s services. Among other examples, it stores viewing duration and frequency of advertisements, their interaction with said advertisements, or browsing and/or behavioral patterns of the user that can help to create a profile of advertising interest. This allows the advertisements displayed to be in line with the user’s interests.
- Third Party Advertising Cookies: In addition to the publicity managed by the Website in its services, the Website offers advertisers the possibility to insert publicity through third parties (“AdServers”). This allows third parties to store cookies sent from the Website services resulting from the user’s browser, as well as access data the latter has stored.
- Weborama: http://www.weborama.com/e-privacy/our-commitment/
Cookies used in our Website:
- Own: Those sent to the user’s terminal from a computer or domain managed by the editor, which also provides the service requested by the user.
- Third party: Those sent to the user’s terminal from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by a different entity that processes collected data by means of cookies. We use Google Analytics. More info at: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=es
Usually, acceptance of cookies in the browser or cookies specific to a service can be cancelled.
The modern browsers allow modifications to the cookies settings. Said settings are usually titled “Options” or “Preferences” in the browser menu. Additionally, the browser or the e-mail Controller can be set, and accessories free of charge that prevent downloading of Website Bugs when opening an e-mail may be installed.
The Website provides users with instruction steps to access the settings menu for cookies and, in the given case, for private browsers of the main browsers:
- Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Settings.
- For more information, see Microsoft support or browser Help menu.
- Firefox: Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> History -> Custom Setup.
- Chrome: Settings -> Advanced Options -> Privacy -> Content Settings.
- Safari: Preferences -> Safety.
- For more information, see Apple support or browser Help menu.
Possibility of Modifications in the Cookies Policy
The Website may modify the present Cookies Policy based on legislation or regulation requirements, or in aims to adjust the policy to the guidelines provided by the Spanish Data Protection Agency. For this reason, users a recommended to re-visit such policy on a periodic basis.
When significant modifications to the Cookies Policy are made, users shall be notified through the Website or by means of an e-mail to registered users.